Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Normal stuff, I'd say


June 25, 1963

Dear Grandma,

Thank you for the birthday card and my present, the Wayne Heralds.  I really do appreciate it when you send them on to me.

Please excuse this paper.  I am all out of typing paper and this is the only thing I have to write on.

Dale is doing the breakfast dishes.  He took a sudden notion to be Mama's helper.  I decided I better not discourage him now if I want any help later when he is big enough to do some good.  Needless to say, I wash them again after he goes outside.  He misses a lot of egg yolk.  But he is so proud of himself.

Mary is laying on the davenport reading.  She sure looks silly.  Oh now she has got up and is dancing.  She goes around and around until she gets dizzy and falls down. She sure can be a clown and a show-off.

I see on the news that they are having floods in eastern Nebraska.  Are they very bad?

Well I guess I better quit and get to work.  Yesterday I washed the quilts on the kids' beds and all the blankets.  Now today I have the regular wash to do.  And Dale is finished with the dishes and has gone outside.  So now I can do the dishes.  Ha!  Ha!

We sure do have fun.

I'm sending some pictures.  I want them back.  If you folks want any of them, indicate so on the back and I'll get some made for you.

Time to quit.


Love,
Gary, Greta, Dale & Mary

The photo is prior to June of 1963, but Dale looks cute and maybe a bit proud of himself, so it stays.

No comments:

Post a Comment