Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Suppose I have a timely photo?


June 22, 1932 - Washed today, and what a beautiful day to wash.  Also washed and finger-waved my hair.  Florence S. came up this evening and we went down town.  We went into the Drug Store to see the new fountain.  Mr. Paulk treated us to an ice cold drink.
June 23, 1932 - Mom is making mulberry jam today.  Arnold came after me about 10 a.m.  We went to their place and then to the grove at Mrs. Martha Jochens' place for the S.S. picnic.  A large crowd was there.  Had baseball games in the p.m.  Everybody, including myself, had a good time.
June 24, 1932 - Cleaned the upstairs.  Ola and family were in this noon.  I took some pictures of the kids and Grussmother and Grussfather.  Went to Rebekah Lodge meeting tonite.  After the business meeting six of us played Pinochle.

My notes say those children are Annabelle and LeeRoy; suppose this is one of the photos Grandma mentions?  She has called LeeRoy a baby previously in 1932, and that is certainly what he is here.  Ola and Dorothea would be around 80 years old each in 1932, so I am thinking I hit the mark with this one.  Who is to argue, right?

Still no mention of Grandpa, but we do have the Rebekah Lodge mentioned, so he is around in spirit at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment