Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Old and feeble?!


February 28, 1932 - Started a letter to Mayme this morning.  Mike and I went horseback riding.  Went up to the other place and stopped at Charlie Jochens' awhile.  We had ice cream tonite.  Played five-handed Rook tonite.
February 29, 1932 - I feel old and feeble today.  The kids played ball today but I didn't feel like playing.  Went over to Nurnberg's tonite for Marie's "4th" birthday although she's 16.  It was a quarter to two when we got home. They had more company besides us kids.  I had a fairly good time.  Could have been better.
March 1, 1932 - Raining today as if it were in April.  Stopped about noon.  None of the Nurnbergs were in school today.  Dismissed school at 3:30.  Got a "note" from Ray tonite and with it a letter from Aunt Emma.  To bed early.  (Got the exam questions today.)

That must have been some serious horseback riding for a 20-year-old Marian to feel old and feeble!!

I wonder why the word note is in quotations.  And what was in Aunt Emma's letter?  Inquiring minds want to know.

And Grandma was maybe a bit feeble at the time the photo was taken, but that is only because she was a little baby.  She had pretty eyes!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that Mom EVER rode a horse. The things we are learning are quite interesting. They sure played a lot of games that I have never heard of before.

    ReplyDelete