Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ice cream again


March 11, 1932 - Weather pretty nice.  Ray and Willie came after me right after school.  We all had to ride in the "stink-bug' and were we crowded!  Read and talked this evening.  Ray's going to fix up his sedan tomorrow.  Ray starts Monday at P. Scheurich.
March 12, 1932 - Washed my clothes this morning.  Walked out to Ola's this afternoon.  Came in to town with Ray and Willie tonite. Mom and we went to movies and saw Earl Linden in "Are These Our Children."  Got a new book at the library.  Saw Loretta and had a good chat with her.
March 13, 1932 - Mother and I went to church this a.m.  Ray came after us this p.m. and we went out to Ola's.  Had ice cream and cake.  Ray took me to Walker's and from here he went to Scheurich's.  I went to church with Walkers this evening.  Mote went to Madison today.

The movie actually starred Eric Linden and I found this synopsis:  "A good kid with no record commits a robbery, kills an old man and winds up on death row.  The authorities try to figure out why he went bad."  Sounds somewhat dreary.  I do not know when the photo was taken, but it is Mr. Linden as you can see.

It seems they sure ate a lot of ice cream back in the 1930's.  I wonder if it was all hand-cranked.  I still remember "helping" make homemade ice cream at Grandma's house.  I suppose I gave as many as 10 cranks before running off to do something else.  I can still see that paddle coming out of the ice cream maker with nice, thick ice cream hanging on it.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment