Monday, May 19, 2014

A job for Ray?


March 8, 1932 - Colder and windy again today.  Wore a pair of Bud's overalls to school.  Fire started this morning.  Got a letter from Mom and Bernice May.  Called Mom up and told her to tell Ray that Paul Scheurick wanted a hired man.  Wrote a long letter to Florence S. tonite.
March 9, 1932 - Dusty, windy and cold.  Everything was covered with dust at school.  Fire started again.  Nurnbergs weren't to school today.  We played Rook and "500" this evening.  Talking foolish tonite.  Evie said that she'd invite me to her wedding, also she was never going to be married, and Mote would be married before she would.
March 10, 1932 - Wind wasn't blowing so hard today.  Fire started again this morning.  All of the kids back in school today.  Mike, Bud, Mote and I played Rook tonite and Mote and I lost.

Not sure what to comment here.  Pretty normal stuff.

I shought for thure I had a photo scanned of a young Marian in overalls.  Either I am mistaken, or it is in a box waiting to be scanned.  In lieu of that, here's Grandpa looking studly in overalls.  I can't see a can of snoose in his pocket, but I'm sure this is Grandpa nonetheless.




No comments:

Post a Comment