Monday, August 5, 2013

Heatwave


July 14, 2002:  Nancy came early in the afternoon.  She vacuumed while I showered.  We played Rummikub and visited a lot.  Helen called while she was here.  It was 108 degrees out there during the day and now later it was 99 degrees!!!!
July 15, 2002:  Played cards tonight.  Afterwards Dolores and I played Rummikub.
July 16, 2002:  Mary took me for my weekly hair-do.  I had a new girl -- Angie.  I think I'll like her.

I am sure Aunt Helen and Uncle John did not enjoy 108 degrees, whether a bit more used to it than we in the Midwest or not.  I was reminded of Aunt Helen yesterday.  Her grand-daughter, Michelle, posted a photo of herself on facebook.  She directed it to her Aunt Trina and said she was wearing her grandmother's necklace.  So, I took that to mean it was Aunt Helen's necklace.  A lovely photo, all the way around.


No comments:

Post a Comment