Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fallout


August 4, 2002:  Slept until 9:00 this morning.  Was really tired.  Nancy came in the afternoon.  She fixed grilled cheese sandwiches for our supper.  Took my shower -- she went home early -- was tired!
August 5, 2002:  Still rather tired.  Played cards in Party Room this evening.  Dolores came after that and we had some good games of Rummikub.
August 6, 2002:  Mary took me to the school for my hair-do.  I called Greta in evening since we didn't get to talk much Saturday.  Marie H. and Bernice L. have died.

Grandma and Nancy both tired -- it must have been a wilder weekend than it sounded even on paper.

The formerly sick goat, Andy, is truly much better.  Either we bonded during his sick day or he was playing me, but when I went out for one last check on him last night, he tried to follow me out of the pen; something he never does.  So, we went for a 20 minute walk at 11:00 p.m.  He was very alert, tried to check out two of the cats who opposed the notion, ate some weeds, and acted quite tickled with himself. 

This morning, he greeted me with his usual hello.  And when I left to go to work, the two of them were butting heads and carrying on as usual. 

Mom had some peelings and scraps for me today.  I didn't want to give the goats too much since I am trying to get them back to their normal diet.  But, they got a few peelings.  The ducks were the big winners of the day and made short work of their treats.

I still didn't lay hands on the Army photo of Uncle Raymond, but I thought it fitting to use this photo of some of the siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment