Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Deviled eggs


July 20, 2002:  102 degrees today.  Called Greta this afternoon.  It's hot and dry, too, in Winside.  Mary came for the eggs -- the kids stopped in Winside for dinner and had eaten all the eggs already!!!
July 21, 2002:  I called Ray this morning to tell him Bill would like those wrenches of Howard's.  Tom came at noon for me to shower.  He and Merilyn were moving Linda to a new home.
July 22, 2002:  Tried to call Nancy P.  First the line was busy and then I heard the answering machine.  Went to a membership meeting tonight.  Delores came afterward and we played Rummikub.

I just realized I had Delores (under one of Grandma's other spellings) as a label and that I have been forgetting to add her on the several posts where she has been mentioned.  Ah well, I can start now.

I somewhat remember all the eggs getting eaten before we hit Winside.  And in our collective defense, they probably shouldn't be out at room temperature very long or they might go bad.  And well, Grandma's deviled eggs were always really good.

I have know knowledge whatsoever of the wrenches, but I hope Bill got them eventually.

Here is another photo from that vacation.  This one was taken after a hike where Anna was the leader.  It was a bit hot that day and my fellow hikers were a bit weary.

2 comments:

  1. I think the one hiker looks a little more than weary. What great memories I have of those little vacations.

    ReplyDelete