Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Well, that explains it


May 12, 2002:  Tom took me to Nancy's for Mother's Day gathering.  Merilyn came alone as she had to help Linda.  Bill and Jenny and Jayson's family came in p.m.  Rest of family there for pot luck dinner.  Lynn couldn't be there -- some sort of track meet.  We had a most enjoyable day.
May 13, 2002:  Nancy took me to the doctor in p.m.  Still doesn't know why my right [foot?] is swollen and causes pain at times.  Played tapes that Lester made for me -- some beautiful songs.  Played Seven-Up in evening.
May 14, 2002:  Had my shampoo and set.  Started copying material from old journal into new one Greta gave me for Mother's Day.  Called Lester to thank him for the tapes -- 4 of them.

I had noticed that this most recent journal, unlike others before it, were written in the same ink and in very consistent handwriting.  I would bet that this journal is the new one Grandma is talking about and the one she had been copying in to.  I peeked ahead and found other colors of ink and other variances.  Mystery, small as it was, solved.

Grandma left out a word and I thought it was her foot that she was having problems with.  Maybe we will see as we go along if I am right or wrong about that.

The photo isn't from 2002 since it was taken at Bill and Jenny's, not Nancy's, but I am thinking it may be a Mother's Day photo but the mix of short and long sleeves may mean it was Easter.  I like it nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment