Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Dental and ducky fun


June 2, 2002:  Nancy came in early afternoon.  We ate, then she cleaned the bathroom and ironed for me.  I showered and then we played Rummikub.  I talked to Greta in a.m.
June 3, 2002:  Today is Jenny's birthday.  I played cards in evening.
June 4, 2002:  Bill came a little after 9:00.  My appointment at the dental school was 10:00, so we had plenty of time to visit.  Chad is the student who will be practicing on me.  Seems like a real nice young man.  Deadened my jaw and cleaned my teeth.  My mouth was so numb I couldn't eat until 2:30!!!  Bill laughed at me when I tried to talk.  Dolores came in evening.  We played Scrabble and Rummikub.  Zoya here a few minutes - she brought some of larger pieces of mail for me.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can pretty much picture Grandma with her mouth not working right from being all numb and Bill laughing about it.  I can also picture Grandma laughing about it, too.  Well, as much as she could with a numb mouth.

On a personal note, I am pleased to report that I have finally found the key to getting the ducks to use the fancy-schmancy deck and pool we built for them . . . mealworms.  If you put some on the ramp (after adjusting the ramp a bit more for the ducks' stubby legs) and put some in the water (mealworms float!), and then go away, the ducks will go after the worms and slowly find their way up the ramp and in to the water.  The first duck gets all the worms, but the others hear the happy noises from above and figure it out as well.  I am one proud ducky momma right now.  A few more days of worm training and I will take away their kiddie pool, aka source of much mucky muddy messiness.

The photo is of Grandma in a totally different situation in which she was laughing and being laughed at, even though she wasn't when the photo was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment