Tuesday, June 11, 2013

RIP Sneakers


May 21, 2002:  Tom called this morning.  They are flying to Las Vegas today -- then renting a car and going to Laughlin.  Sneakers hasn't been well -- Tom took him to the vet and Sneakers was put to sleep.  Mary took me for my weekly hair appointment.  Received a notice from the doctor's office about the blood test.  Seems my blood sugar count is a little high -- I'm supposed to watch my diet!!!!
May 22, 2002:  Started living here a year ago???  Called Dorothy Jo and Ray today -- their birthdays are tomorrow.  Maryan C. brought me a 6-inch blue and white tile with pictures of Dutch windmill, canals and boats. It was made in Holland.  She thought it would look nice with my blue plates.  Went to Book Club tonight.  I found a glass of homemade jelly by my door when I came back.  Talked to Nancy -- rained this evening -- some thunder and lightning.
May 23, 2002:  Myrtle called this morning -- no rain there last night.  I called around and I guess Helen D. may have made the jelly.  I left a message on her answering machine.  Nancy brought "Submarines" for our supper.  She attended to some laundry for me -- we played Rummikub.

Poor Sneakers.  He was a really cool cat.

I hate to disagree with Grandma but she moved to Lincoln in October, not May.  And if she meant half a year, she was still off a little bit.  Maybe that's why she added so many questions marks -- because it was a question, and not a true statement.  A quiz, actually.  Hmmmm.  Did she foresee a blog in the future?!

I don't recall blood sugars being an ongoing problem for Grandma so either they weren't that bad, or she quietly watched her diet, or she said the heck with it and ate what she wanted.

The word submarines in quotes.  Too funny.

Here's a photo showing some of the people Grandma mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment