Sunday, June 9, 2013

I'm confused


May 18, 2002:  Nancy came in a.m.  We went to a bank to get cash for me.  Ate at noon at Howard's Pantry.  Nancy then bought flowers.  We went to her place.  She went for Dane and Anna who were at Dale's.  They helped her set out the plants.  She brought back hamburgers for us after she took the kids home.  Then took me home.
May 19, 2002:  Nancy came early p.m.  We ate lunch -- I showered -- she vacuumed.  Then we played Rummikub.  She left fairly early.  Maryan C. stopped to tell me the elevators weren't working.  She stayed awhile and we had a nice visit.  Nancy found the Pinwheel quilt in the basement storeroom.
May 20, 2012:  Played lazy today.  Listened to tapes from Lester.  Went to a general meeting in the lobby this evening. After the meeting we had angel food cake and strawberries.  Dolores came and we played Rummikub -- we each won three games.

I am wondering what occasion would put Dane and Anna at Dale's house without Mitch or Kyleah.  So . . . I wonder if Grandma wrote a wrong name.  In any event, it sounds like May 18 was a nice day.

Here is a totally unrelated funny that got me laughing.  I found in The Curious Gardener's Almanac, that "[i]n days gone by, it was not uncommon in springtime to see a farmer drop his trousers and pants and sit down on the soil.  If the soil was not too cold, that farmer knew it was time to sow his crop."  I know Grandpa was a serious gardener, and therefore was probably a serious farmer, but I am really hoping he used a different method!

And speaking of Grandpa and Grandma, Friday (when I intended to post this) was the 77th anniversary of their marriage.  I imagine they had a little celebration together.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you - certainly hope Daddy did not use that method to determine planting time. Let's assume he either planted when he felt it was time or by the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or at the very least, that the neighbors didn't see anything.

    ReplyDelete