Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Jelly mystery


May 24, 2002:  Still haven't found out who gave me the jelly.  It wasn't Helen D., Gertrude or Wayne B.  Mary had lunch with me and I showered.  Chilly today -- had to turn on the heat.
May 25, 2002:  Nancy and I to Winside in the morning.  Dinner at Greta's was liver and onions -- really good!!! In p.m. Greta, Nancy and I went to cemetery to put the flowers on the graves.  There were 14 graves for my side of the family and 20 for relatives and special friends on Howard's side.  In the evening to the Alumni Banquet.  A very good attendance.  I received a prize for the oldest one who had been in a senior class play.  No dance this year so people could stay in the auditorium and visit.  Had a really good time.
May 26, 2002:  Greta made delicious cornbread for breakfast.  Went to church.  In p.m. the girls studied the Power of Attorney information.  Greta shortened Nancy's slacks, we decided on pattern for quilting my hexagon quilt and we played Rummikub.  We had Omaha steaks for supper!  Yum!  Yum! Good.

So much to like about this particular entry; praise (but no surprise there) for Mom's cooking, a visit to the cemetery (still one of my favorite places), exclamation points, and a productive day on the 26th.

Question:  are "we" still decorating 34 graves?  I didn't remember that I had that many to do when I stepped in one year to put out flowers.

4 comments:

  1. Keeping up with graves is hard, remembering is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've added a few since then. This year we decorated 42 graves. We have developed a system and it goes pretty quickly. Finally know where all the graves are. For a number of years had to wander around quite a bit to find them all. Don't think of it as a chore. Seems like the right thing to do - honoring our family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even mind wandering the year I did it; it just got a bit hot that day.

    ReplyDelete