Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Celebrating


Sun., August 25, 2002 - Nancy & I celebrated (I don't know what) and went to the Pancake House for brunch.  In p.m. Nancy vacuumed, etc. - I showered & we played 2 games of Rummikub.
Mon., August 26, 2002 - Cousin Merle Knicker came in the evening.  Nancy came, too.  Arnold stayed in the car with their dog -- didn't know if pets were allowed.  We had a real nice visit.
Tues., August 27, 2002 - A larger van came this week to take me to the College of Hair Design.  Worked out just fine.

I think it's fantastic that seemingly there was nothing really to celebrate, but they did anyway.  I'm sure Grandma would have mentioned if something truly eventful was the cause of the celebratory brunch. 

Was it Cousin Merle that had the health food store in California?  I remember someone coming to visit in Winside and they brought carob-coated treats with them.  I had not heard of carob before that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment