Monday, January 28, 2019

Hair appointments


Mon., August 19, 2002 - School started today for Jayson.  Played Seven-Up in evening.  Delores came after card game and we played Rummikub.
Tues., August 20, 2002 - Used my special card today to take car or van to hair appointment.  A mini-van came for me.  My appointment is at 11:00 a.m. and I call Mary when I'm ready to go home.  The ride costs only $2.00.  This way Mary doesn't have to take time from her job.
Wed., August 21, 2002 - Skipped Book Club tonite -- didn't feel too spry.

Grandma did fret plenty with our previous arrangement where I took her to her appointment and then waited until she was done to take her home.  Sometimes we had to wait longer than other times for her even to get to a chair and then with students learning and such, sometimes it was quite awhile before all was said and done.  I didn't mind at all, but Grandma came up with this compromise so all I had to do was scamper off once she was done and then pick her up and take her home.  Of course, we did lunch before I took off to work again.  We always had a nice visit.

Here's a photo of Grandma having a particularly good hair day up in Winside and Nancy very seriously contemplating where to put the taters and gravy (guessing that's what's in that bowl).

No comments:

Post a Comment