Monday, January 7, 2019

Back at it with my 1,000th post


Sat., August 10, 2002 - Nothing much today, just puttered around.
Sun., August 11, 2002 - Usual day -- Nancy came , did some work, ironed a mess of dresses.  I showered and we played Rummikub.  Of course, we ate dinner.
Mon., August 12, 2002 - Nancy took Kyleah & me to Kearney to see the Platte River Arch -- sort of a history of Nebraska.  Very, very interesting & impressive.  Went to card club in the evening.

Welcome (back) to 2002 and to my 1,000th post of this little blog.  Crazy, I know.

I seem to remember some particular memory of Nancy's and/or Kyleah's regarding this particular trip.  Maybe it was just that a point was made to do something with each great-grandkid by themselves rather than in a mob.  Not sure.

I've been to the arch myself once.  As Grandma said, it is very interesting.  For some reason, one of the things I remember most is watching the cars pass by on the interstate underneath.  Not exactly the point of the arch, so that's not so good on my part.  I do vaguely remember other things we saw that day, though, too.  Photo from journalstar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment