Tuesday, February 5, 2019

I hear that, zzzzzzz


Wed., August 28, 2002 - Played Rummikub at Dolores' this afternoon.  She bought her own set.  Tonite to Book Club.  I reported on "Once Upon a Town".  Mary has checked out 2 books on tape from the Public Library for me.  Now I have to train myself to listen without going to sleep.
Thurs., August 29, 2002 -Tom came as usual for the laundry, etc.  He brought our supper -- Salisbury Steak for him and chicken for me. Talked to Myrtle.
Fri., August 30, 2002 - Mitch & Anna here for supper.  We played Rummikub.  Mary came later & we watched TV and visited.

I have to be careful listening to audio books as they can sometimes put me to sleep.  Then I have to back up and find the spot I last remembered hearing.  Thankfully the books I have been listening to on my commute to and from work are fairly exciting, so no dozing for me while driving.

Some really good times were had in Grandma's unit at Pioneer House.  If I'm not mistaken, we can see three of her windows in this photo.

I had to look back to recall -- Once Upon a Town was the book about the North Platte Canteen -- in case anyone else reading this also forgot.

I have a few spellings for Grandma's friend Delores/Dolores.  I will simply use whichever one Grandma uses.




No comments:

Post a Comment