Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Garden started


Sat., May 2, 1936 - I went to Wayne on the morning train.  Went to Miss Sewell's office for fair labels.  Bought garden seed.  Howard up a few minutes this evening to see if we were going to the place tomorrow.
Sun., May 3, 1936 - We, Ray, Mom and I, went out to the place.  Howard came a little later we did.  The boys spaded the garden and Mom and I planted the stuff.  Mr. and Mrs. Wilson Miller came soon after we got home again.  Howard brought me to Niemans.
Mon., May 4, 1936 - Mr. Nieman took the Mrs. to Altona after supper.  Verdelle Mae went along.  Mr. and V.M. are coming back sometime tonite.

No time was wasted getting seed in the ground, but with a May start, that seems about right to me.

I had to post a photo of Carol today  Mom, Nancy, Wayne and I went up to Norfolk yesterday for her funeral.  The whole family is sure going to miss her something fierce.  I told a few people that as a little girl, I thought she was all that and then some.  I often wished my name had been Carol, more because of her I'm sure than the name itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment