Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Playing ball, and the big ball in the sky


August 30, 1932 - Played ball this noon.  This evening the girls and I looked through the catalogues and did some shopping.  We each "bought" a new hat and dress.
August 31, 1932 - Cloudy about all day.  Minnie wasn't at school, George said she was sick.  Played ball today.  This afternoon we looked at the eclipse of the sun.  It was only a partial eclipse here.  In the New England states they had a total eclipse.
September 1, 1932 - Played ball at noon and recess.  I fixed my "dress" for tonite before supper.  Dorothy J. went along with us to the party. Mike, Mote, Della Meierhenry, and Clarance Schmitt won the prizes.  It was a tie between the two girls and the two boys.  Roland Stahl and Gustav Perske birthday.

Lots of ball games going on at the start of school.  I have assumed Grandma meant baseball or softball, but I suppose that isn't necessarily the case.

I hope they looked at that eclipse safely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment