Friday, May 15, 2015

Hair


September 2, 1932 - George missed school this a.m. because he was sick.  I played ball again today.  Lloyd and Mayme came after me tonite.  There was a dance at Uncle Hans' but we didn't care to go.
September 3, 1932 - Mayme washed her hair this morning and I fingerwaved it for her.  Ray took us to Wayne this afternoon to the teacher's meeting at the Court House.  We went down town tonite and I got a library book.  We came right back and went to bed early.
September 4, 1932 - We went to church this a.m.  Lloyd came after us after dinner.  We went to the ball game at Hoskins between Plainview and Hoskins.  Mayme brought me out to Walkers about 5:30.  I went to church with the folks tonite.

I have been watching Downton Abbey and the era of the season I am in is the 1920s.  Lots of fingerwaved hair on display.  Very pretty.  I wonder how time-consuming it was to do that.  I believe my straight, coarse hair would not have led to a good fingerwaving result, so I am glad it was not stylish when I was concerned about such things.  Bad enough that my bangs never feathered.  The photo is of the character Edith, who has the best fingerwaves on the show, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment