Friday, January 2, 2015

Singing out of doors


July 1, 1932 - Cleaned the upstairs this morning.  Ralph came after me at noon.  Went out to see the baby.  Mom finished basting my dress together.  Arnold came here this evening and Sunday's absence is explained.
July 2, 1932 - Finished my dress today.  Went down town, got a library book and walked out to see Mom for a few minutes.  Rained this evening.  Ray came in and we read our books.  Saw George Moore at the library.  He's going to stay in Winside the rest of the summer.
July 3, 1932 - Ray helped R.R. pick cherries this a.m.  I went to S.S. and church.  Read this p.m.  To League tonite.  After League, Alma L. and I went to the show "Society Girl."  On way home found Geo. M., Marvin T., Arlington P., and Frank F. in front of Trautwein's singing old songs.  Talked and sang with them a while.


That's quite an impressive movie poster right there.  Somewhat art-y.

My high school friends did some spontaneous things in their day, but I never found them down town singing old songs.  Sounds like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment