Friday, January 23, 2015

Big bunch of people I don't know and that's okay


July 10, 1932 - I was reading in bed this a.m. when Arnold came.  He surprised me.  Went to S.S. and church with him and then to a picnic dinner for Ezra J.  The Walker kids, Dorothy, Gilbert & Hazel Jochens, the Maas' and Harry, Alice and Lorene's cousin were there.  Went to King's in p.m.  Evie, Lydia, Mike, Bud, Arnold and I went boating.  Bud got his trousers wet because he tipped the boat too much.  To League this evening.
July 11, 1932 - Picked beans this morning.  Went down town this afternoon.  Mom came home tonite.  We picked the peas.
July 12, 1932 - We canned 12 quarts of beans and 6 pints of peas.  Cleaned the basement this afternoon.  Mom went to R.N.A. meeting tonite.  I walked out to Ola's and had Ray take me to Hoskins to see about my contract.  I'm supposed to come tomorrow nite to get it.

It seems Grandma is having a busy and fun summer so far.  I can't see her boating in my mind, but obviously she did.  I want to say she went for a boat ride at Gavins Point Dam when Tom had a boat, but I'm not going to put money on that bet.

Nancy has been asking when Grandpa is going to show up as a serious suitor in Grandma's diaries.  I have peeked ahead a bit, and although I found one mention of "the Iversens" in 1932, in skipping ahead to the end of the year (mainly scanning the weekends), I can't find anything of note.  Hopefully Grandpa will make an appearance in 1933.  But, who knows?

We haven't seen the butt photos for a while, so here they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment