Thursday, October 11, 2018

What a winter!


Tues., January 19, 1937 - Men finished opening the road to town.  I went home with Carl & Dorothy about 4:30.  Howard came after me about 6:30.  We stayed for supper.  Talked until 10:30 after we got home.
Wed., January 20, 1937 - Howard was going to town with the Ford but about 9:00 a.m. the wind began to blow & by noon the roads were blocked -- a heck of a note!
Thurs., January 21, 1937 - Howard scooped out the silo.  Clear and quiet.  Impossible to go to town since the wind blew so hard yesterday.

It's bad enough now when the road crews have to go out to clear and then have to do it all over again fairly soon, but this was much worse.  What a mess.

Here's a photo of me last winter on a particularly cold day.  Have fogged up glasses, frost in my hair and on my hat, and hay on my face.  Who says I don't have a good time?

No comments:

Post a Comment