Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Skipping ahead a bit


Mon., February 22, 1937 - Went with Howard over to Chris & Clara's to help move.  We packed fruit jars this morning.  I stayed all night.
Tues., February 23, 1937 - Packing! & more packing.  I went home with Howard tonite.  We got a grant check for $16 today.
Wed., February 24, 1937 - Jo helped today at Clara's too.  We were over to the new place & had dinner at 12:00.  Cold & windy with occasional snow flurries.

That was a pretty good grant check, I think.  I did a little looking online and it appears the buying power of $16 in 1937 equates to about $280 in 2018.

I will have to remember to ask where Uncle Chris and Aunt Clara were moving from and moving to.

I still like this photo of (l. to r.) Aunt Irene, Aunt Helen and Aunt Clara.

No comments:

Post a Comment