Monday, October 15, 2018

Grandpa sick and wonderful 2018 news


Fri., January 22, 1937 - Howard was down to Vahlkamps and over home today.  They're busy over there scooping out roads again.
Sat., January 23, 1937 - August Vahlkamp & his team & Howard & his lumber wagon went to town.  Howard brought home chicken feed.  He had chills & a headache when he came home.  We each had a hot drink & greased ourselves.
Sun., January 24, 1937 - Howard went to town with August again -- brought home some coal.  Also oysters, frozen fish & soup beef.  We had the oysters for supper -- also a hot drink before retiring. 

I wonder if the hot drink was warmed blackberry brandy.  I don't know that anyone ever warmed it, but I do know that it was Grandpa's cure-all for what ails you.  Or maybe just one of his cure-alls, I'm not sure.

Friday over lunch at Mom's, we were treated with the news that Dane and Alison are expecting a little one in April.  Sooooo very excited and happy for them!  If Dane had only provided me with the wedding photos reprints I ordered, I could post a wedding photo of the two of them.  I must admit, his delay in getting them to me only proves we are closely related.  As it is, here's a photo from their trip to Europe last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment