Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Well, I'm getting confused


Sat., August 22, 1936 - Over to the folks all day.  The men dug silo.  I cleaned up the house.  We went to town tonite.
Sun., August 23, 1936 - We were alone all day.  Quite warm this afternoon.
Mon., August 24, 1936 - We went over to the folks this a.m.  Howard and Raymond took the tractor and paraphernalia to our place to dig a silo.  Elmer and Myrtle came.  They got some apples.  They all came here for dinner.  Myrtle helped me dress two chickens for dinner.  Howard killed a chicken hawk this a.m.  I went up home tonite while Howard and Raymond went to lodge.  Raymond took the car tonite.

Grandma surely didn't foresee some snoopy granddaughter reading and sharing her diaries, or she surely would have distinguished between Ola and Dorothea, and Peter and Maggie when she says, "the folks."  In this case, she might be referring to both for all I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment