Monday, July 18, 2016

What baby?


Tues., June 27, 1933 - We had a history test this morning.  I had a headache this afternoon and didn't wait for Alma.  When I got home I took a nap until supper time.  Alma and I studied and talked on the back porch this evening.  A lot of folks were here tonite to see the baby.  Alma and I went to bed at 9:30.
Wed., June 28, 1933 - Warm!  Hot!  Hotter!  Hottest!  Alma and I went down town after school.  I had steel taps put on my white slippers.  We went to bed at 10:00.  Gerald came home from Carroll last nite after we girls had gone to bed.
Thurs., June 29, 1933 - Looked like rain this a.m. but that was all.  I had a shampoo and finger wave at Mrs. Gifford's.  We had a Theory test, true & false.  Mr. Griffin yawned several times while giving it.  Alma, Gerald, and I played Pinochle tonite.  Alma and Aunt Mildred sang, too.

I am guessing Alma and Grandma are staying at Uncle Chris and Aunt Mildred's, but I am not certain at all.  Does the mention of a baby help anyone out that is in the know?  Also, Gerald.  Did Uncle Chris have a son Gerald, or did Aunt Mildred have one before Uncle Chris entered the picture?  Inquiring minds are inquiring.

I like that Mr. Griffin yawned through giving a test; perhaps he found theory not all that exciting?

The photo is from the Wayne County History book, and as advertised, is the Wayne State Teachers College in 1937.  Just look at all the wide open spaces around it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Uncle Chris had a son Gerald. I really can't remember who his mother was.

    ReplyDelete