Monday, June 20, 2016

Well, well, well


Thurs., April 27, 1933 - Mom, Annie and kids got to school about 2:00.  The pupils had a good laugh when Leeroy pulled some of his stunts.  We had lunch at Annie's.  I went to Carroll with Howard Iversen this evening.  The Rebekahs and Odd Fellows put on an anniversary celebration.  Got to bed at 2:00 and oh! so tired!
Fri., April 28, 1933 - Lovely spring day, but my how tired I was.  Rev. Savage was here for supper.  Clarence road [sic] out from town on his bicycle.  I went to bed as soon as the dishes were finished.
Sat., April 29, 1933 - Delmar, George and Harry weren't in school today.  Started to rain about noon.  Dismissed school at 2:30.  We all got wet going home.  Soon after I was home it just poured down, a strong wind, too.  Mr. Walker went up to [the] other place this evening.  He said school toilets were blown over.  Charlotte & Helen here this evening.

Grandma was so tired on Friday after the big shin-dig that she, of all people, used "road" instead of "rode".  I am speechless.  (Just kidding!)

This is the last time I can see that Grandpa was referred to by his first and last name.  From here on out, I believe he is simply Howard.  And look at that face . . . who could blame her?

Does anyone know why they are having school on a Saturday?  Making up for snow days, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment