Thursday, June 2, 2016

Two Iversen sightings, or rather a sighting of two Iversens


Wed., April 12, 1933 - A man stopped at school this a.m. to ask where Alvin Marshal and Venus Gnirk lived.  The kids caught a mouse this noon and led it by a string around its neck.  The wind blew me home this evening.  Read until 9:00 and then went to bed.
Thurs., April 13, 1933 - Windy all day.  I made out report cards after school.  We listened to the radio until 9:00 and then went to bed.  Evelyn made some cupcakes with Easter eggs on top for me to give to my pupils tomorrow.
Fri., April 14, 1933 - We had a treasure hunt today to find the Easter treat.  I drove over to Behmers for my check.  Got home just fine.  I went to lodge with Alma tonite.  Three new members, Helen & Raymond Iversen and Mrs. Art Von Seggern were initiated this evening. Home at 1:15.

Of course, this photo was taken no where near 1933, but it is a smashing picture of (left to right):  Raymond I., Elmer Nielsen, Irene I., Helen Jones (formerly Iversen) and Howard I.  How could I have forgotten how short Aunt Irene was?  She is considerably shorter than Aunt Helen, and Aunt Helen was no giant in the height department.

No comments:

Post a Comment