Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The "cracker box"?


Wed., May 3, 1933 - I'm not so tired this morning as I thought I'd be.  Delmar wasn't at school this a.m.  Dismissed school at 11:40.  Went to the funeral at 1:30.  Home at 3:00.  There were quite a few people at Nurnbergs.  I slept from 3:30 until 6:00.  We all went to bed early tonite.
Thurs., May 4, 1933 - Still cloudy and cold.  We worked on fair work all day.  Laurence finished his reviewing.  I packed this evening.  I won't have much to take home next week.
Fri., May 5, 1933 - Nurnbergs to school again.  Laurence took examinations today.  We worked on fair material.  Mom came after me right after school.  Chris and Verna Nelsen gave a dance in the "cracker box" tonite.  I went down with Alma.  Howard brought me home.  I crawled into bed rather early Saturday morning.  Had a good time at the dance.

Any clues on where/what the "cracker box" was?  This is a new one on me, both from Grandma's diaries and endless conversations with people in the know my whole life.



No comments:

Post a Comment