Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Another potential suitor's hopes dashed


December 19, 1932 - It was warm in the schoolhouse this morning.  We practiced a good deal on our program, wrote our invitations, and stung popcorn for the Xmas tree beside our other lessons.  Alfred has chickenpox!  So I guess he won't be able to be in the program.
December 20, 1932 - We practiced quite a bit on our program today.  I mailed the invitations this morning.  Got a card and "hankie" from Mrs. Smith.  Mildred and I played "Over the Top" tonite.  She won both games.  Went to bed at 10 o'clock.  Washed my hair right after supper.
December 21, 1932 - It was quite warm today.  Everybody except Mr. Walker and myself went to church tonite.  I finger-waved my hair.  Louie Meierhenry called up while I was doing it.  He wanted to take me to a show tomorrow nite.  But I had "to get ready for the program Friday".  Played Over the Top with Mr. Walker and lost 490 to 530.

Not sure why Grandma's answer to Louie Meierhenry's question is put in quotes, but there you have it.  The 21st was a Wednesday, so the program was still a couple of days off.

I tried stringing popcorn for a garland once.  Had a lot of broken popcorn to eat while doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment