Sunday, December 27, 2015

Almost through with 1932


December 16, 1932 - My overalls have surely been coming in handy this last week.  Ray came after me this evening, and we went to Edith & Harry Strate's charivari dance at Hoskins.  Ralph K. and Edna Ruschman came with Ray.  I had a good time at the dance.
December 17, 1932 - I slept quite late this morning.  Annie, Ola and the kids came in about 1:30.  Ola went down town, he took Annabelle down at about 3:00 to see Santa Claus.  Mom and I went down town this evening.  I bought my Xmas tree, and candy, etc., for the treats.  We filled the sacks this evening.
December 18, 1932 - I addressed my Xmas cards and wrapped my Xmas packages this morning.  Mom, Ray, Lena Nieman and I went to the schoolhouse this afternoon and decorated it and the tree.  I was at Walkers for supper.  I led League tonite.  In calling for the readings I repeated a number, of course I'd pull some kind of a boner.

I have peeked ahead and there is no mention of Howard, or any of the Iversens, for the rest of 1932, so I'm just pushing through with high hopes for 1933.  I know Grandpa will be mentioned eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment