Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I am not surprised


November 1, 1932 - We went to League at Schmidts tonite.  We handed in our day's wages this evening.  Played some new games.  "A good time was had by all."  Ella Mann birthday.
November 2, 1932 - Cold and windy.  I went to Hoskins to prayer meeting with Evie this evening.  Stopped at Simon Strate's and got my check.
November 3, 1932 - Started the examinations this morning.  I have all the papers of today's corrected.  Schmidt's, Wittler's and Fritz Maas were here this evening for a committee meeting.

I am not at all surprised that Grandma corrected the day's exam papers that same day.  Me?  I didn't get that gene, but instead a procrastinator gene, which showed up quite a lot in my 20's.  I'd like to think I am better now; not completely cured, but better.

The remark about handing in our day's wages, would that be a League tithing sort of thing?

The photo is of Hoskins from 1912.

No comments:

Post a Comment