Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Missing in 2014


June 4, 1932 - Finished cleaning upstairs and moved things back into the bedroom downstairs.  Mom and I went down town this evening.  Marjorie M. notified me that I'm supposed to see to a stunt for the Class of '30 at the Alumni Banquet June 14! Some job, I think.  Rachael Bracken birthday.
June 5, 1932 - To S.S. and Church this a.m.  Ray took us out to Pete & Clara's this p.m.  Annie, Ola, Raymond, Alice, Aunt Mary, Uncle Harry and Clara's folks were there.  Pete brought us home.  Read until 10:30 this evening.  Was raining a little then.
June 6, 1932 - Mom went out to Clara's today and helped put away meat.  I put up the curtains in my room.  Went down town this p.m. and talked to Miss Mettlen about a stunt.  Tonite Ray and I went out to Ola's, then up to Dora's place.  Ray and Ola hoed the garden.  Evelyn Walker's birthday.

Between general busy-ness and then being sick for over a week, I have been neglecting Grandma's antics in 1932.  Hopefully I can get back on track beginning today.

I suppose by a stunt, Grandma is meaning some kind of skit.  I will give you a spoiler alert -- she doesn't mention details in the future about the stunt/skit nor whether it went over well or not.  I would have been curious to know what they ended up with.

It isn't a skit happening in the photo of Bill and Tom, but there's something going on . . .

1 comment:

  1. Is that Tom that Bill is wrestling with? Does anyone recognize any of these cars?

    ReplyDelete