Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Handsome fellers


June 10, 1932 - Marked my design on a rug and painted part of it.  Annie and kids came in this noon and Mom and I went with her to the graduation exercises for the 8th graders at Wayne.  Saw Jane and stayed with her.  Went up to the park to the band concert this evening with Jane, Mabel Levi, Elizabeth Woods and Mae Beckenhauer.
June 11, 1932 - Went down town with Jane and a.m., saw Uncle Chris at the garage.  Went down to Aunt Mildred's this p.m.  I had supper there.  Tonite they took me to Carroll.  Mrs. Trumbaur, Mr. and Mrs. Dennis, Jane, Helen Kilmer and Sonny went along.  Stopped at Mrs. Smith's.  Ray met me there and we went to the dance, had a good time.
June 12, 1932 - To S.S. and church this a.m.  Ray went up to Uncle Hans' and Mom went out to Ola's.  Lydia, Evie and Mote came after me this p.m.  We went to Wittler's and watched the boys play baseball.  Went to church to the Children's Day Program tonite.  Arnold took me home.  Mrs. C.A. Andersen's and Grandma Andersen's birthdays.

What's this thing with painting rugs?  I don't recall hearing Grandma talk about that.  What was painted on exactly?  Inquiring minds.

And does anyone know how long Uncle Chris had the garage?  Obviously, he carried on after Grandpa Andersen died, but for how long?


1 comment:

  1. Is our grandfather the one to the left? Also who is the other man - Uncle Chris or Uncle Jim?

    ReplyDelete