Monday, September 22, 2014

It is Tom, right?


June 7, 1932 - Cleaned the front room and gave the floor a coat of varnish.  Mom went to the Juvenile R.N.A this p.m.  I went to League at C. Jochens tonite with Arnold. W e played outside and had a weiner roast.  Had a good time.  This is Rev. Baun's last meeting with the C.E.  He leaves tomorrow for Sutton, his new place.
June 8, 1932 - Mom worked in the garden this a.m. and went to Ladies' Aid this p.m.  I gave the front room floor a second coat of varnish.  I went down town tonite, saw F.S. and talked with her, talked to Miss Mettlen about the stunt, walked up and down the street with Alina L. and had a good time with her.
June 9, 1932 - We washed today.  It started raining about 10:30.  None of the clothes were dried.  Ray came home about 1:30.  Rained just about all p.m.  Ray and Mom worked on a small rug and I slept.  This evening I made a design for a rug.  Grandpa Henry Kahler's birthday.

Here is the photo that goes with the one from my last post, plus that one just to make the comparison easier.  I'm pretty sure that's Tom being picked on my Bill.  I have no date on the photos, so I do not know the occasion.  But, believe it or not, there was a bit of goofing off going on.  I don't know anything about the cars in the photos either.

I bet putting wash out on the line and have it start raining would be a major bummer.  Or maybe they didn't even get to the line and had to sit around wet for awhile.  Either way, it would definitely put a damper (no pun intended) on my enthusiasm for laundry.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that is Tom. I have no idea when this was taken or what the occasion may have been. I have a feeling it was while I was living in California or Texas or North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone know what the C.E. stands for? Also I believe this picture was probably taken sometime in 1967 by the car and Tom's hair cut.

    ReplyDelete