Monday, June 23, 2014

Choir practice and play practice


March 29, 1932 - Another nice day.  Mailed my film today.  We went up to Maas' and practiced tonite.  Evie was tired and stayed home, so did Mr. and Mrs. Walker.
March 30, 1932 - Quite cold today.  Was 23 degrees this morning.  Mrs. Walker went quilting today.  Ordered a geography workbook today.  Went in to town tonite with the kids.  I stayed in the car and tried to sleep while they had choir practice.  Washed hose and rain coat and overshoes tonite after school.
March 31, 1932 - Warmer today.  Mrs. Walker went quilting again today.  Came home from school early this evening and washed my hair.  Willard and Harry down this evening to practice first act.

I don't think Grandma was commenting on the ability of the choir when she says she tried to sleep during practice, but it does conjure up a comical image.  Somewhat like Barney Fife and his cringe-worthy singing, to use the term loosely, with the fine folks of Mayberry.

I understand through the grapevine that there are a few more readers than I knew.  This is good!  I will attempt to both post more often and also make my commentary a little more wide-ranging than just our immediate family.  Heavens knows there are lots of cousins out there.

I am still hoping Grandma gives the title to the play they are putting on.  I recently purchased a play book, program, and ticket from the 1956 Winside Senior Class play.  I have yet to read the play, but the drawing on the program is less than politically-correct by today's standards.  I'll give a synopsis once I get it read.  The price to see the play was $.25 for students and $0.50 for adults.  Funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment