Wednesday, June 18, 2014

1932 ice cream (again) and a 2014 wedding


March 26, 1932 - Washed my clothes, cleaned up the house, and read all the papers.  Went down town this evening, then up to Schellenberg's.  Mayme was there and we talked quite awhile.
March 27, 1932 - Easter Sunday.  We went to church this morning and took Holy Communion.  This afternoon Ray, Willie and I went out to Ola's.  Took a picture of Annabel and Leeroy.  We took Mom to Hansen's and I saw the baby.  Rained a little this afternoon.  Ray took me back to Walker's.  Got here in time for supper.  To church this evening.
March 28, 1932 - Nice day.  Willard and Harry came down this evening.  We practiced the 1st act.  Mr. and Mrs. Walker went over to Nurnberg's to a party.  We were all invited but the rest of us had to practice.  We had ice cream.

I don't know if I've just discussed it with people in person or if I have recorded it here, but gosh they sure had a lot of ice cream back in and around Winside in 1932.

And boy, am I behind!  My last post was June 4.  No excuse really, other than general busy-ness.  Oh, and a wedding, too.  Big congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Dane Bowder, married in a lovely ceremony on a gorgeous day in Lincoln.  Grandma would have loved every minute of it.

We had a family picture taken while we were all there and cleaned up.  I hope there is a good one or two in there -- the photographer was very busy and darned quick.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful wedding it was. We all had such a good time. Congratulations to the beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete