Monday, September 23, 2019

Poor parenting?


Sat., November 16, 2002 - Dale came to see me at 8:00 a.m.  Mitch & Anna came in the morning also.  Tom & Mary came in early afternoon and Nancy came after the football game was over.  She stopped at my place & picked up some things I needed.  Tom, Anna, Mitch & Nancy ate at the cafeteria.  Everybody left by 7:30.
Sunday, November 17, 2002 - Mary & the kids came after early church.  Greta came about 10:00.  Dale here too in the morning.  Tom was here from about 10:30 to 12:45.  Greta, Mary, Mitch, Anna & Nancy ate in the cafeteria.  Bill, Jenny & Patty came in mid-afternoon.  Nancy left about 8:00.  Every day blood was taken for testing.  I evidently had a heart attack several weeks ago.  I'm also hooked up to a heart monitor.  Had an IV one day.
Monday, November 18, 2002 - Nancy came at 6:30 & Dale at about 8:00.  Talked to all 3 doctors & will get a pacemaker on Tuesday.  Nancy called Greta, Tom, Bill, Mary and Ray.  More x-rays were taken.  Mary here at noon.  Dale, Dane & Kyleah here about 5:00 p.m.  Mary & kids here at 6:00 & Tom here at 7:00.

Good heavens.  Did I just drop my kids off on a Saturday morning and go on my way?  Mitch would have been 11 and able to locate a hospital room on his own with Anna in tow, but still.  Hopefully at the very least I had something important to do and came up to say hi and then left.  Egads.

For no particular reason, here is a fun photo of Grandpa and Tom.  I sure miss that place.

2 comments:

  1. I miss it also. So many great memories are up there. It is a great picture of Tom and Daddy. I must admit that my memories of that hospital stay and a blur. She sure had a lot of company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear your memories are blurry, too. As I'm reading these entries of hers, I am barely dredging up a memory of those days except for the kids eating some of her food. lol. I recall her being intrigued with the phone hook-up thingy to have the pacemaker checked once she was back home, however.

      Delete