Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Dannebrog


Sun., October 6, 2002 - Nancy brought casserole of sauerkraut & noodles for dinner.  She tended to the laundry & ironed several dresses for me.
Mon., October 7, 2002 - Nancy, Mary, Mitch & I went to Dannebrog in the evening to hear a choir of Danish High School students.  The group of 37 students & 10 adult sponsors were touring in U.S.  Dannebrog was chosen because the name means "Danish flag."  They had been in St. Louis -- were going to go to Minneapolis also Disneyland.  A wonderful group of singers.
Tues., October 8, 2002 - Handi Van took me to the College of Hair Design.  Mary took me home.

Another event I remember.  I wonder if Anna went too, and that Grandma just missed adding her to the list.  I can't imagine why she wouldn't have gone. 

Here's a nice little article involving Denmark and its flag:

https://www.howtoliveindenmark.com/stories-about-life-in-denmark/the-danish-flag-800-years-old-and-going-out-of-fashion/

All of 2019, the Museum of Danish America in Elk Horn, Iowa has an exhibition celebrating the 800 years of the Danish flag.  I think we should go before the year is out.

Photo is min.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment