Monday, April 22, 2019

A little trip out of town


Fri., September 27, 2002 - Merilyn brought Raymond I. here at noon.  We spent the afternoon playing Kings Wild.  Tom came after work for Raymond.
Sat., September 28, 2002 - This morning Mary, Mitch, Anna, Per (Mar's friend from Denmark), Nancy & I drove out to the Danish Cemetery 7 miles north of Lincoln.  A small but well kept cemetery -- was started in 1890.  I didn't wander around much --- was cold, windy & sprinkled a little.  Nancy & I had dinner (at noon) at Popeye's.  She brought me to the apt. & then went home.  I slept most of the afternoon.
Sun., September 29, 2002 - Nancy came in p.m.  She fixed grilled cheese sandwiches.  I showered & then Nancy went home.

I remember the trip to the Danish Cemetery.  As I recall we really had no reason to go, other than we all had driven by it numerous times whenever we were on Hwy. 77 and were curious.  And I can confirm that it was cloudy and drizzly.

A quick look online shows the cemetery has about 250 burials, the most recent in 2018.  The earliest year of birth I found for someone buried there is 1829.  And as one might guess, there are several people buried there that were born in Denmark.


No comments:

Post a Comment