Thursday, December 13, 2018

More woodcutting and more cards

Fri., March 12, 1937 - Howard cutting wood all day.  Elmer & Myrtle came about 10:30.  Elmer went to town & Myrtle stayed here.  Snowed off & on about all day.  To lodge tonite.
Sat., March 13, 1937 - Cleaned the house this a.m.  We went to town about 1:30.  I got a new pair of everyday slippers.  Went to Mrs. Wolff's with lodge work & then up home.  We received a rose bedspread, a wedding present, from Trena & Mildred in the mail.
Sun., March 14, 1937 - Nobody here all day.  Howard and I played Pinochle this afternoon and evening.  We were over home a few minutes this p.m.  Helen got a gift for me to give Gertie in Norfolk yesterday.

I am not sure who Mildred is, but Trena would be the wife of Andrew Andersen, first cousin to William Andersen.  I really like the idea of getting a gift the March after a June wedding.  Busy people put in extra time to make something for the new couple.  Would loved to have seen the bedspread.  (I just plucked a photo off the internet to add here; photo from Pinterest.com)

I don't know who Gertie is.

No comments:

Post a Comment