Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Oh, happy day!


Mon., March 4, 1935 - Rained today.  Howard came after me to practice at south school.  We're giving the play with a dance afterward at Carroll tomorrow nite.  I hope we have a good crowd.
Tues., March 5, 1935 - Colder today.  Went to Carroll about 6:30.  Didn't have a very good crowd, cleared about $11.  Mr. Goodling left a note saying that at the school meeting tonite Irene and I got our schools again at same salary.
Wed., March 6, 1935 - Snowed today.  Quite tired today.  Mr. F. Niemann visited school the last period, fixed map case.  Howard came about 5:00 and took me to town.  The whole family glad I got my school again!  So am I!

Good news all around, it seems.  Grandma had to keep that good news a whole day before going home and telling everyone she got her school again.  How times have changed.  News is nearly instantaneous any more.

Can anyone else hear Aunt Irene's laugh by just looking at that picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment