Monday, April 3, 2017

Happy Birthday to Aunt Helen!


Wed., February 20, 1935 - Practiced or rather went through all three acts tonite.
Thurs., February 21, 1935 - Practiced again tonite.  Today is Helen's birthday.  She made coffee on the oil stove and served cupcakes to us.
Fri., February 22, 1935 - Kids gave a Washington & Lincoln program this p.m. during drawing period.  Practiced at N. School.  Went to Ferne and Arnold Eckert's charvari dance at Hoskins afterward.  Iversen kids and I went with Ray.

I wanted to post this last week, but the new-to-me stash of photographs from Mom was where I was not and I couldn't scan these wonderful pics of the lovely Aunt Helen.  And I did not want to post without them.  I am glad she was identified as the little girl.  I certainly recognize her in the photo on the right, but would not have known who the little girl was without Grandma's notation on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment