Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Missing only six


Tues., November 21, 1933 - Sun., December 3, 1933 - . . . .
Mon., December 4, 1933 - Quite warm today.  The kids dragged in a lot of mud, but that's not surprising.  We skipped Grammar classes and practiced this afternoon.  Tonite I worked on a jig-saw puzzle.  Went to bed about 9:00, was pretty sleepy by that time.
Tues., December 5, 1933 - Rather warm today.  We played Steal Sticks at noon.  Delmar was absent this p.m. to go to Norfolk.  I put the jig-saw together again this evening.  Bill Schellenberg helped me cut up some wall paper to make charts for school.
Wed., December 6, 1933 - Colder this a.m.  Mayme surprised me by visiting school this a.m.  She stayed until 12:30.  Delmar started making his picture this p.m.  I studied my lodge work this evening.  Mrs. Behmer and I looked at pictures that Mr. Schellenberg has gathered during his travels.  He says he's been in about 42 states!

Grandma was too busy for the last part of November and early December to record her activities.  And there is one more day of 1933 left with something written down, so we are soon to be in a new year.  However, it appears there is no 1934 diary, so we'll be to 1935 real soon instead.

In 1933, we had only 48 states so Mr. Schellenberg was only shy by six of making to the whole country.  I wonder why he traveled so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment