Friday, February 10, 2017

28 North


Fri., January 4, 1935 - Gave exams all day.  The card club met at Hank Koch's tonite.  We're each going to entertain again.  Sides were chosen, at end of season losing side will entertain winning side.
Sat., January 5, 1935 - Washed out some clothes.  Was down town to Miss Mettlen's and the library this evening.  After supper corrected examination papers and embroidered.
Sun., January 6, 1935 - Ray came home late last nite.  Went to S.S.  After dinner I went up to Alma's.  Mom and I went to Mrs. W. Miller to have her bake a cake for Alma and I to take to installation tomorrow nite.  Howard took me to Goodlings.

It's not the best quality, but the photo is a page from the Winside Centennial big red book with the article about 28 North.  There you can see Jean and Marjorie and the Goodling kids, as well as Grandma.  Sort of.  I would sure be nice to have a better image, but again, it is great that someone took the time to take those pictures and that they were around long enough to make it to the book.  It's all good.

These photos were the only mention in the whole book of any Goodlings.  And I can't find anyone with that last name on findagrave in the Midwest.  Not that it matters as to commenting on Grandma's diary, but I find I like the detective work that sometimes comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment