Monday, February 13, 2017

Hot lunch?


Mon., January 7, 1935 - I seem to be getting a cold, coughed quite a bit in school.  Mr. Goodling took me to town after school.  Mailed order to O.S.S. Co.  Mom had cold and didn't go tonite.  We had plenty of oyster soup at installation.  Howard took me home.
Tues., January 8, 1935 - Felt tired today.  Kids have been playing marbles in schoolhouse and what a racket!  Greased my throat good tonite and went to bed at 7:30.  Had tomato soup for hot lunch at school, tasted fine!
Wed., January 9, 1935 - At times today I seemed to be getting hoarse.  Hope I don't, until after Fri. at least.  Went to bed early.

This is the first mention of hot lunch at country school, but in peeking ahead I see that it happens quite often.  Did mothers bring it in?  I would think Grandma did not have time to prepare a lunch and teach, too.  I would be curious to know how that all came together.

No comments:

Post a Comment