Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Uncle John


Wed., August 23, 1933 - Cloudy this a.m. but cleared up in the afternoon.  Ola and family came in this morning to spend the day.  Ola was helping unload gravel down town.  I went home with them this evening and took our washing along.  Annie and I are going to wash together tomorrow.  Mom has to work at Kochs' tomorrow and at H. E. Simans' Friday.
Thurs., August 24, 1933 - Today wasn't such a nice wash day; no wind to blow out the wrinkles in the clothes.  Edwin came down to help Ola.  When Mom was coming after me this evening something broke in the car and now it won't run.  Edwin, Florence, Louis and I went to the dance Bob Fenske was giving at Hoskins tonite.  The boys and I stayed at Meta's place all nite.
Fri., August 25, 1933 - Came home at 7:00 just as Mom left to go to Simans'.  I slept some more this morning.  Howard came after me to go to lodge tonite and took me home afterwards.  We had some good watermelon for lunch tonite.

I guess I never hung enough wet clothes on the clothesline.  I remembered too much wind wasn't good as it could damage clothes.  I never thought about just enough wind to help with wrinkles.

I just realized I had not commented on here yet about Uncle John passing away.  As much as his family likely wished he could go back to how he was and to stay with them longer, I am sure he and Aunt Helen are sharing drinks and hearty laughs in the hereafter now.


It's not the greatest photo, but I think they'd get a chuckle out of it.  Everyone is so serious here, even Bill while in the midst of a silly gesture.  Grandpa looks downright gloomy.  Or disgusted.  Gotta love this family!

No comments:

Post a Comment