Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Back at it, sort of


Thurs., August 3, 1933 - Cleared up a little today. I
Fri., August 4, 1933 - Still cool enough so I had to wear my jacket to school today.  This evening Uncle Chris, Aunt Mildred, Gerald and I played Bridge.  Uncle Chris and I won 2 games and the others won 2.  I made some fudge, after that Gerald and I stayed up until 1:00 putting a jig-saw puzzle together.
Sat., August 5, 1933 - Really hot today.  I worked in the library until 5:00.  Mom met me at the train.  Howard came up this evening.  We went out to Ola's for a few minutes then started to a dance south of town.  It started to rain hard when we were a mile south of town; we turned around and when meeting a car just about slid into the ditch.  Howard had to put chains on before we could go on.

Grandma apparently was so unused to writing in her diary after her short hiatus that she quick before finishing her second sentence.

I looked up Bridge to see if I could find anything interesting to share, and I did not.  Lots of information, to be sure, but none particularly fun.  To me, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment