Thursday, August 18, 2016

A few questions


Sun., August 20, 1933 - Cloudy and rainy.  Alma came up this a.m.to explain her absence last nite. She had been to Rabe's and they thought it too muddy to come to town.  Howard came about 11:00 causing me to rush to get ready to go on the Rebekah picnic.  We went to Norfolk to the park south on 13th Street.  Started raining just as we finished dinner.  We went to the Walkathon Marathon this afternoon.  It's disgusting to me.  All they did was walk 45 minutes and rest 15 minutes and so on.  At different times the contestants would sing or talk a few minutes.  I got home about 7:30 this evening.
Mon., August 21, 1933 - Still cloudy and rainy.  I found my flower garden quilt and started working on it again.  Aunt Emma, Uncle Max, Sophia, Hilda, Ola, and Louis were here this afternoon.  Aunt Emma brought some cucumbers and we gave her come tomatoes.  I got a letter from Mildred Andersen today inviting us to a wedding dance they're giving for Walter Nelsen this Friday evening.
Tues., August 22, 1933 - We had quite a bit of rain today.  Mom went to Koch's to do some canning this morning.  I worked on my quilt.  Mom and I read this evening before going to bed.

I have some questions here:

1.  Grandma apparently misplaced a quilt she was working on?  That seems a bit hard to believe.  I thought at such a tender age, that she would be quite organized and totally incapable of losing a quilt-in-progress.  She would have to be my age, at least, before she started misplacing things.

2.  I wonder who Walter Nelsen was marrying since the dance was apparently only for him.  (I'm being silly on this one.)

3.  Wait.  What?  Grandpa was early, or Grandma was late getting ready for something?  Sorry, but neither of those situations makes any sense to me whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment